Advertisement

Main Ad

Delicious Chow mein Recipe


 

Today, I decided that what's for lunch. I have one pound of thinly sliced chicken breast. I add a quarter teaspoon of  white pepper. You can add one tablespoon of soy sauce  and two teaspoons of baking soda. sometimes I put egg white with a tablespoon of corn starch  but I'm going to do the baking soda today and this is going to sort of you know velvet and marinade marinate the chicken and using a 12 ounce bag or 340 grams of chowmein pan-fried noodles and on  the back it has instructions to basically place the noodles in boiling water for 20 seconds  drain and then you can pan fry I'm actually  going to boil them and shock them in cold water  and set them aside until I'm ready to use them noodles in okay so it's been long enough now I'm  going to place them in my ice water okay .

So, my noodles have stopped cooking. I'm going  to place them on a baking sheet and drained all of the water. Let's put the sauce together here I already have two tablespoons  of oyster sauce and add two tablespoons of dark soy sauce here I have a teaspoon and a half of rice vinegar one and a half teaspoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of sambal oelek and  the ratios of these ingredients you know you want to give it a mix taste it and if you find that  you want things to be a little sweeter or to have not necessarily sweet but balanced from the  sugar then you know add another pinch of sugar if you want things spicier then you know add it and mix now I'm going to add just a teaspoon or two maybe that's more like a teaspoon and a  half of sesame oil .



 It's a versatile this dish you can use whatever you have  on hand for example here I have about three ounces or maybe one and a half cups of thinly shredded fresh cabbage. I used the whites and the greens of five scallions and you can chop and  slice them. How you like, I have two large celery sticks that cut diagonally into  thin slices and one medium carrot that I julienne and adding fresh garlic chunks but you can  definitely mince this. Here is the marinated chicken so I'm going  to start preheating my wok and we start  stir frying and cooking these okay here I have  a large wok that I've preheated over medium-high to high heat you really want this to kind of get  smoky I'm going to add a good amount of cooking oil.
I really want  to get a good sear on the chicken so I spread it out trying to do that I'm going to cook this. Add oil and start with  my celery and carrot and to stir it for about 20 seconds .  I don't want this to get  overcooked now  do a quick sauté of the cabbage again not very long.
Okay so for the noodles I'd really want to fry these and add in my white sauce now in handfuls I add so now I'm  just going to create a little space while. These are still kind of getting little char bits  and little toasty I'm quickly sauté of my chopped garlic in the center I don't want to burn it this is why I add it  last. Now I add my sauce and this smell is so good.  Add the greens from the scallions  and that's it I give it maybe another 30 seconds in the wok just to mix everything in  you could finish with sesame oil. This is chicken chowmein and it's ready.

Post a Comment

0 Comments