Advertisement

Main Ad

Traditional Turkish Dinner Menu

 




Welcome to Turkish Food Recipes.

Today I have guests about 15 people.

I prepared the meal for them.

They will come in the afternoon and stay for the dinner.

And you will see all the preparations I made the day before and the same day.

So, let's get started.

The day before, I begin to prepare my desserts.

 

The first one is "Şambalı".

The semolina and milk mixture are waiting here for to get harden.

And then I will continue make the toppings. And here I have a butter at room temperature.

I'm grating orange. And I'm going to make a cookie, to serve along with my Turkish tea in the afternoon.

It is a soft cookie you pipe it. And very delicious.

-That this time I wanted to put some hazelnut, ground hazelnuts.

Also, to make it tastier. So, I begin to pipe them. 

But after a while, my piping bag wasn't strong enough.

So, I continue to use this gadget for it.

Be use both methods.

So, it was okay.

Just cookies where little smaller.

I cooked them in preheated 170-degree oven.

Meanwhile my "Åžambalı" dessert was ready. 

This time I cut them in rectangular shape which is a classic shape for this dessert.

But in the recipe, I shared with you, I made a star shape cut. I used almond /peanuts,

Which both are okay.

It just takes a little more time for peanuts to on.

So, my daughter helped me. 

So, my "Şambalı" dessert is also ready to be cook, after my cookies are out.

When there are many guests coming and you cooked too much food for them, it is better to cook the desserts the day before.

They will be still fresh and ready to be served. And here is the "Şambalı" dessert.

After taking out from the oven, I put the syrup. And in no time, the dessert soaks the syrup.

And I'm done with my second recipe too.



The third recipe I made the day before was a "Çiğköfte".

It has wheat bulgur in it. And lots of different spices, onions, garlic, red pepper and tomato paste.

It is so delicious. It's a famous food of Turkey.

If you have tried it, know about please give a comment. It will be on my list to share with you. The last preparation I did was soaking the chickpeas for my main dish.

The next day early in the morning, I begin to cook my chickpeas in pressure cooker.

 



 

And begin to make Turkish kofta and potato dish.

When you mix the kofta dough in the morning and let it rest in the refrigerator, it will get tastier.

This time of course the amount was too much. So, I kneaded in the kitchen aid mixer along with the ground beef and spices. I put lots of onions which will make the meatballs soft and more delicious. 

Here I can give another tip for a better taste.

For your meatballs use a 2-3-day old sour dough bread if you can find. To give a little more color, I put a red pepper paste.

And it's ready to go to refrigerator before I shape it. And at the same time my chickpeas are ready cooked soft.

 



 

And here is another recipe which will go with my Turkish tea in the afternoon is a "börek".

I will do it from starch. It's a rich dough, unleavened dough has a baking powder in it.

You don't have to use store-bought phyllo sheets for this. Because you make it easily from starch. Actually, my daughter helped me with this "börek".

It is the same idea as baklava, the recipe I shared. Wheat or corn starch between the layers. So even though you roll them all together.

They don't stick each other. And you see a delicious thin layer, crunchy layers after it is baked.

So, after putting the bottom layers. I filled the middle with feta cheese and parsley mixture.

These are the remaining dough after cutting it to fit to tray. You see how thin the layers are. And the top layer.

After pouring the butter, add vegetable oil mixture. My "börek" is ready to be cook.

Meanwhile in the pressure cooker, I cooked diced beef with tomato paste, onion to make a nice sauce for my chickpeas dish. And here the chickpeas come. It will be my first main dish after the soup.

And here is my second main dish which is kofta and potato. I decided to fry them before put in them into oven. This way they got more delicious.

You can skip this part but, if you going to make it as I did, just partially fry them.

Don't over fry because they will continue to bake in the oven. I put the "börek" around 1p.m

Because my guests were coming at 2.

For the kofta and potato dish, I cooked it close to the dinner time with the tomato paste sauce.

 



 

And here is my lentil soup.

I already also shared this recipe which is very delicious. And some of you made it, give me a comment.

It is very common traditional soup in our Turkish dishes. And I'm almost done the menu now.

After cooking my soup, I poor it to another pan in a clean pan. And here is the best part.

My dishes are ready to be served. So, my preparations are ready.

It's about 2 o'clock now.

The only thing I have to do is to bake the potato and kofta in the meal time.

I will serve my "börek" and cookies with the afternoon tea.

And the "Şambalı" dessert, "Çiğköfte", chickpeas with meat, lentil soup with vegetables, kofta potato dish and rice pilaf as a side dish. I will serve all of them at dinner time.

 

Of course, I made a seasonal salad go with them. And serve plain Turkish yogurt.

These are a typical Turkish meal we serve.

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments