Advertisement

Main Ad

Peshawari Beef Seekh Kabab


 

Friends, today we're making

Some fantastic, juicy,

Peshawari Seekh kebabs!

These are served at weddings and are very well-liked among us people.

Now, let's go ahead and make them.

I'm taking some onions; I've cut them into quarters.

I'm adding them to this chopper.

 

Our target is that after we grind these and squeeze them, we should have 250 grams of onions left. Now I'll give this some pulses. The reason why we're chopping these is that onions should appear crushed. They shouldn't be turned into paste.

 

Now these onions are chopped, let me show you their consistency, kind of in a crushed.

Now I'll take these out. I'm using this large strainer; you can use a cloth, or your hands. Now I'm adding these onions to it, so we can squeeze all the water out of them.

 

Squeeze the water out of them in any way suitable to you. Now we've strained the onions and this all the water that came out. We can use this water as a meat tenderizer.

After straining, we're left with nearly 300 grams of onions. We're going to use these for the kebabs.

 

 Friends, now I'm taking a grinder. And for the kebabs I'll add

2 tablespoons of coriander seeds,

2 tablespoons of white cumin seeds, carefully.

5-6 cardamoms

4 small pieces of cinnamon bark,

1.5 tablespoons of red chili peppers (round)

 

Because Peshawari food isn't very spicy. Let’s put it here. Now, to grind these

This is going to be the masala. As you can tell, it isn't finely ground, because that's how it should be. Don't grind it completely into powder. Now I'll add it to a bowl.

 

Friends, I have some meat here, its 1100 grams or 1 Kg and 100 grams. With it, I'm adding 3500 grams of fat. All of this combined is 1.5 K.gs. For the first step, I'm adding 3/4th a tablespoon of salt, we'll add more lately. Now I'm using a mincing machine, to mince all this meat. This is the first mincing round, we're supposed to this 4-5 times. And every time before I mince it, I'll grease my hand with clarified butter, and mix it into the minced meat. Then I'll add it back into the mincer.

 

Now I'll mince the meat again, I'll do this 5 times, approximately. Applying the clarified butter again, its 1 tablespoon of clarified butter (again), adds it every time the meat goes through the mincer. I'm going to pass it through the mincer again it has to be done 5 times.2 down, 3 to go. After completing the 5 rounds, I'm adding the previously chopped onions,

 

And now the masala we ground earlier. You can adjust the masala quantity to your preference.

I'm going to add 1 more tablespoon of salt; I added 3/4th of a tablespoon earlier. I'm adding now, we have to pass it through the mincer 2 more times. All the spices and onions included.

After adding all the spices, and doing 2 more rounds of mincing, I'm adding approx. 3/4 tablespoon of baking soda. After adding that, I'll give this a brief mix, and then I'll pass it through the mincer again.

 

The minced meat is ready now; you must've noticed that this is going to be harder if you don't have an electric mincer. Try to use an electric mincer for this. You can have it done at a store too. If you don't have either option, after 2 rounds of mincing, have to knead this with your hands. Now, this is ready to be marinated. Shift it into a bowl for 1-1.5 hours to marinate in the fridge. Then move on to the cooking part. After marinating for 1-1.5 hours, I'm taking this out of the fridge.

 

I've whisked 3 eggs here. Remember to use a square skewer; this will make it easier for us to cook the kebabs on all sides. Dip your hand in the egg mixture, and then separate the amount of meat you need to make a kebab. Shape it into a ball. Stick it on to the skewer, and spread it without thinking too much. Like so.

 

The egg mixture helps with the shaping. Pull it (across the skewer) as per your requirement then apply it- look, I dipped my whole hand into the eggs now, with its help, I'll shape the kebab. The longer I need the kebab to be, I'll keep lengthening it with my hand, and I'll turn the skewer around constantly so the kebab is equally, smoothly rounded. Like so. This will help create a rounded shape, and the kebab will stick to the skewer.

 

This kebab is ready now. I'll prepare the rest the same way. This egg I whisked; you can add food coloring to it too.

I've heated up the coal, and our angeethi (grill) is ready. Now I'll spread all the coal around.

The flame shouldn't be too high, don't light the coal too much. They should be heated at a reasonable pace. For that, I'm spreading the coal around. Since the grill I'm using is small I'll place the skewers diagonally. Now it's time to place the skewers. I'm placing them diagonally like this. I don't have enough space to lay them straight.

 

Hence, diagonally. Remember that after placing they turn them over every 30 seconds. I've placed 12 skewers, now it's time to turn the first one. I'll keep turning them one by one. Notice how I'm turning them. This is why square skewers are the best for this. It's easier to keep turning them. Now, I'll slowly place these a bit closer. And again, it's time to turn them over.

 

Placing them a bit closer to each other. These will cook quickly. It's important to keep turning them initially otherwise the kebabs could fall off the skewers. Turning them over actually seals them. You must've noticed I'm not fanning them. Since the flame is higher here, I'll move these to the other corner. Then I'll move the corner ones over to where the flame is higher.

 

You have to keep adjusting the heat while they cook. Keep adjusting them on the heat this way.

Now I'll turn the skewers again. The fat percentage in these kebabs will help make them juicy.

They won't end up dry. They'll be tastier too. You can fan them if need be. Otherwise, of course, you're checking where you need more heat, and vice versa. Don't let them burn, but cook them thoroughly.

 

You could risk burning it. Friends, this kebab is ready let me bring it to the side for you to see. Let's remove it from the skewer now. What I'll do is grab 4 skewers at once. Like so. And pull it out. Look at these,

Spectacular!

 

The kebabs are ready now.

Now, I'll cook the second round of kebabs, let's not only remove these from the skewers but dig into them as well.

 

These look and smell fantastic. They look crispy and juicy as well.

Now, I'll remove them, this is what it looks like. Let me break it and see. Juicy, not completely dry. These are going to taste great.

Let's taste it.

Wonderful!

A bit salty. Should’ve adjusted the salt.

Otherwise, fabulous!

Awesome.

I could probably eat all of these. I'm sure you enjoyed this recipe.

Post a Comment

0 Comments